Thursday, February 9, 2006

Back from Hiatus

A man who keeps a diary pays, Due toll to many tedious days; But life becomes eventful - then, His busy hand forgets the pen. Most books, indeed, are records less Of fulness than of emptiness.

-William Allingham
I know that I haven't posted in a while. I've been extremely busy at home, work, etc. I have basically quit playing live poker. I decided to go to work for the company that runs the shows as a Tournament Director. I have completed my training, and have substituted for Bryant at Taylors. I'm just waiting now for a permanent gig.

The substituting at Taylors was a real trial-by-fire. I had 75 players for my first tournament. I had to manage nine tables by myself. I think I did well.

I am doing this to help pay off some bills so hopefully sometime next year I can go for my pilot's license. It's a dream of mine that will never die, so I'm going to have to go for it some day.

So look for this blog to be short on poker posts from now on. I expect it to be longer on flight-related stuff. I will start posting my thoughts about taking lessons and what I wish to accomplish as a pilot. I will also be posting my thoughts as I try to decide which experimental aircraft I wish to eventually build.

Speaking of experimentals, I am going to help a guy who's building a composite Vision on the 18th. I'll post more about the Vision later.

No comments:

Post a Comment