Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Another New Truck?!?

Sorry, no quote leading into this post, which will be brief.

I'm thinking of trading my truck, the one I bought in December (2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab Z-71 RWD) for a Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with the 265hp V6 and 6-speed transmission. Here's a picture:

{Picture lost in archiving, sorry!}

I know it's crazy to trade so soon after purchasing, but this is the truck I wanted in the first place. I know that I'll take a hit as far as trade value versus what I owe, but if I can get the payments to be about the same as they are now, I'm willing to take that hit to be in the vehicle that I wanted initially.

Turns out that the salesman who took me on a test drive is from Statesboro, and has known my dad for eons, so hopefully, I'll get a good deal from him. It was kind of strange being on a test drive and mentioning that my parents lived in Stateboro and having the salesman say "What's your mom and dad's name?" When I said "Connie and Larry Saunders", he replied "Oh, my God. I've been knowing Larry for thirty years!" The rest of the ride was a homecoming of sorts.

I'm not dissatisfied with the Colorado, but this truck has the 6-speed, which is a blast to drive, and the 265hp engine will flat-out smoke anything but a pure sports car. It's an awesome vehicle. It's also bigger than the Colorado, quieter, and smoother on the highway.

If this comes through, I'll post an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment