Monday, April 25, 2005

Houston, we have a new truck!

Modern man is frantically trying to earn enough to buy things he's too busy to enjoy.

--Frank Clark
Well, I went and bought my truck this weekend. I got it from Cleve White Nissan in Statesboro. I got a good deal on it, too. I was able to step out of my Colorado and into the Frontier for just a few more dollars a month. It's worth it to be in the truck I really wanted in the first place.

And what a sweet ride it is. It's smooth, almost car-like, and the V6 with 6-speed transmission is a great combination. Great power, smooth ride, and fit and finish like I've never seen on an American-branded truck. (The Frontier is built in Smyrna, Tennessee, so I guess it's an American-built vehicle, just not by an "American" car company.)

Now I just have to fight the urge to go out and drive just for the sake of driving. The ride's so great that I got no pains from the ride back from my parents' house last night. Leila, all of 8 months pregnant, had few complaints as well, which is a miracle since she's pretty much uncomfortable all the time.

Well, I'm happy with my wheels now. Now I just have to finish getting ready for baby. The birth will probably be in the next three weeks to a month, so we have precious little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment